Saturday, August 8, 2009

Pickle turns 6 and everything's a ch-ch-changing

All kinds of changes going on around here. Here's a big one for me: Jo-Jo and Idgy's new little brother. I haven't been around him long enough to come up with an internet-safe, nickname yet, but that is happening in the coming weeks. He's not quite a day old in this picture,what a sweet baby!









And here is the carnage that is another birthday for the Dyl Pickle. I did the whole Spiderman cake thing again this year, determined to use that character cake pan at least one more time. My fingers and nails are still blue.







I guess it didn't turn out too bad. I really don't like Wilton's buttercream frosting recipe. The picture on the directions makes everything look starry...mine was just sort of "fill in the blanks as best you can".









Then, we have this milestone: The Pickle minus two teeth! I guess I realized that it was all coming, but man, it just seemed to happen so fast this year.












Pickle's 6Th birthday falls the day after school starts, so we had the party yesterday. Jo-Jo came for the party and his pal from nursery days spent the night. Very low key this year...I'm getting too old for major productions.

4 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

You're a pretty good sport to make a spiderman cake!

Leah said...

hey - awesome cake!!!

Deb A said...

Great job on the cake! Thank goodness my boy's birthday falls 5 days after my niece..who's Mom is a wonderful cake maker and decorator! Love the toothless picture.....priceless.

Leah said...

hey beth you didn't win my scrap giveaway but i wanted to thank you for entering so i'm going to send you one of my atcs -= just email me your snail mail addy and i'll send it out. hope you have a great september filled with fun art stuff amidst family stuff!!!