Well, hello friends, neighbors, and some family that lurks occasionally. You're thinking, "Where 'ya been, Beth?" And it's true, I've not posted a blooming thing since the 5Th of October. So in keeping with my personality trait of making excuses, allow me to run down the list of what I've been up to:
1. I went to Chattanooga last weekend. Left on Friday night after the last child went home and came back Sunday afternoon. One of my oldest (literally!) friends is dying in the hospital and I went to see him, perhaps for the last time. He didn't know me, so I told him I was an old girlfriend...which was mostly true. His wife passed some years ago, and I've always doted on him. I think it's okay because he's 95. Pray for "Papa" as he is in a lot of pain.
2. Managed successfully to get sick.....AGAIN! Maybe I just never got completely well.
3. Helped the Legal Adult get situated. He got a new job and needed help with the details, like finding the place, etc. He's been coming by alot more lately, hunger will do that to you. Even force you to spend time with family. I think he's going to be okay if I can just let go.
4. Finished the Quilt of Valor quilt top, (and actually put it in the mail) but you already knew that.
5. Got to see two of my best friends on the planet last week in between visits to the hospital to see "Papa". Martha, who got me started quilting was having a major cleaning spree and look what I got!
Is it Christmas for quilters, or what??? And yes, I've not put them down. Nancy Crow's "Gradations" was really cool
6. I made a mole for Mole Day. If you have a high schooler in chemistry, you will want to read this. But if not, just know I made a stuffed rodent for a young man's science project.
7. And you'll never believe it....I joined a gym! As cheap as I am, I still don't believe it. But after weighing the pros and cons, I decided that I would less likely miss time at the gym because I paid for it. This one is really nice, too. I've been walking on the treadmill, biking, and they have swimming lanes, so that's been really cool. Part of my problem lately is not making time for myself. I babysit approximately 12 hours a day, (all staggered times, mind you) my own son included. It tends to be a little nerve-racking. But I find a walk or swim is just the ticket. Besides, as goal oriented as I am, it's cool to watch the numbers and try to improve them. And don't take this the wrong way, but it's not a meatmarket the way it was back in the late 80's when I went. Plenty of fat people, just like me, so I'm not singled out. I really like that I can be "anonymous".
Editor's Note: Of course, exactly how anonymous can you be as a fat person?