Wednesday, October 3, 2007

WIP Wednesday: Quilt of Valor (top, at least) ready to mail

Hello, y'all....

I'd bore you with the crazy details of why it's taken me so long to do this quilt top, but let's just say I found a few more of my quilting weaknesses. So without further adio, I give you a Quilt of Valor quilt top.This was a quilt kit from the Quilt of Valor Foundation.


Here's a link to our friend, Quiltfrenzy's webpage for directions. It's called a Faux Log cabin, and had the piecer read her directions, I'm sure it would have turned out better.






But to quote Hunnybunny,"It is what it is...."...(How profound!)





I also won a eBay auction for some quilting software last week! I rarely EVER win, I usually just get the Buy It Now option. But I saw this Quilt Design Wizard, made by The Electric Quilt Company, so I thought I'd at least try it. I'm sure I'll go up to the EQ6, but this will tide me over.

6 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh your quilt is just beautiful - I love the faux log cabin pattern, it's so much quicker isn't it? And it does look like a log cabin! Lol* I'm not sure if it's quiltfrenzy's page or another set of directions, but mine were a little goofy and I ended up with way more blocks than I needed. Lol* It was still fun though! :) A soldier will be proud to recieve your quit! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks great. I am trying a wreath wall hanging while in Oregon. I quilted one baby quilt and Daughter is quilting a wallhanging for the baby's room. She is doing GREAT. Her stitches are way better than mine when I started. I really miss all of my family in Ky. and our daily meetings. Can't wait to get back.

Lee

Anonymous said...

I for one don't see what you're whining about--I LOVE that quilt! I have a fatal weakness for red and white or red and cream, so you know it's a winner with me. Have fun with the Wizard.

Debra Dixon said...

Looks great! Thanks for taking on the project!

A. Nonny Mouse said...

The quilt looks great. I wish I had time for quilting (and room!). Someday I will come back to quilting.

Kay said...

What it is is pretty great, I think! Someone is going to love it.