M.I.A. (Mother in Agony). Actually, it means "missing in action", but that doesn't fit either. Regardless, I have to keep things going around here. Oh, it's just a head cold, but I hate taking antihistamine for it. I'll live, but it doesn't feel that way. Anyway, that's not why I've gathered you all together.
My pastor, Jon Weece, has opened the floor for ladies to tell him what they wish Jon would relate to our husbands. And vice versa. So, I give you
My top ten list of things I wish he would address from the pulpit:
10. Playing the old, "I'm a guy" routine will not make brownie points. You are far too intelligent to use that one.
9. Expecting a parade whenever you clean the kitchen isn't cool, either. Women do that all the time and we usually don't get recognized for it. Oh, wait, we set it up, didn't we? In potty training, you make a big deal out of every effort, so maybe that's where they get it.
8. Ice cream is not a food group. It falls into one, but seriously, we could live without it.
7. Neither is BBQ.
6. Doing taxes ON THE 15Th online is probably a bad idea. Getting mad at the computer won't help, it's most likely bottle-necked from the rest of America trying to file.
5. A Porshe is NOT a family car.
4. Politics is not a taboo subject, but don't think I'm crazy when I have opinions of my own about YOUR chosen party.
3. I honestly don't feel the need to consult Web MD every time our kids get the sniffles. But I'm happy you are so attentive to our kids.
2. Buying my Christmas, birthday or Valentine's Day present the DAY OF is not showing me you thought about me, (especially when you know the date of each Sci-Fi premiere) and the dates in question are locked in.
1. I will never get excited over Halo, paintball, or car shows, but I love you, anyway.
Feel free to leave comments on what you like Pastor Jon to say and I'll pass it on.