Saturday, October 25, 2008

In search of the Great Pumpkin

I spent many an hour waiting for this to come on CBS when I was young. "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" was probably the coolest thing I had ever seen. Linus always did march to the beat of a different drummer, and maybe that's where I relate.
In all the years that followed, I never made it to a pumpkin patch. The Diva's mother invited The Pickle and I to go and it made for a great outing! Of course, we picked the worst possible weekend to go as the infamous Court Days were going on in the middle of town. But with the help of a local judge, (Diva's mother had interviewed him) we found our way to
Two Sisters Pumpkin Patch in Mt. Sterling, KY. (Sorry the link is so pitiful. You actually have to scroll down and search for Two Sisters just to find the address and phone number. I told the owners it would be easier if they had a web page!)
They just made it through the corn maze. I barely did, by the way.

The hayride was a big hit! It had been years for me, and a first for the kids.

And there was pumpkin painting. Diva loved this part.
A pickle in a cornfield! He loved trying to hide from us.
And the old married couple themselves. The way they quibble, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they ended up together. There was also a petting zoo of sorts and they got to pet goats and mules.
More pictures to the right on flickr.com.

6 comments:

Renee said...

oh beth, that looks like you guys had alot of fun. can you believe i have never been to a corn maze? there's one here in town for the last 10 years probably and i have never been. looks like i need to get out and about and try it. thanks for sharing.

Rose said...

Hi Beth, Your son is a cutie and when it comes to cute little girls...well, he sure knows how to pick them! What a doll she is.

I received the Fall into fall giveaway fabric and I love it!! It's way prettier in person than it was in the photos and the photos were great! Thanks for picking my name out of the hat ;) Can't wait to add it to something special.

Hugs,
Rose

Anonymous said...

Mt. Sterling? You were in my back door! I'm in Winchester! :o)

Deb A said...

Looks like you all had a great time! I never did get to a corn maze this year.... but it will be interesting next year with 2 little ones under 2 years old!

Unknown said...

My favorite photo is the last one you posted. The two of them look so happy with those pumpkins. CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Grandma says she wants some of these pics. She cant wait for yal to come down. She said be careful on the road. She still thinks he's beautiful. I still haven't gotten my b-day card from Erin. Where's it at? We love all yal.