Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Progress on Jericho's Project

You remember I had my own student the last two summers? And despite me, Jericho put this top together? She was very happy...I, however, was over the moon! Someone created something and I taught them how. She made every stitch, cut and ironed every piece of fabric.
About a month ago, she had a day off from school and finally put on the borders to this quilt. Very ambitious for a 14 year-old, who had never sewn in her whole life. I know her mom is very proud, but me? I'm just bustin'......

2 comments:

swooze said...

That is a great quilt. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Ah, the first quilt: the gateway drug. You should be ashamed! Leading an innocent young woman into the addictive world of fiber slavery...

(It's gorgeous.)