Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Welcome, Snuggles!

Time flies, here's the new baby I keep, who is celebrating 3 months of life this week. I think I've decided on an internet name for him: "Snuggles". Corny, I know, but that's what he is. He's probably the first baby I've ever seen who enjoys snuggling this young. And he is a doll. Eats good, laughs, sleeps pretty well, and is thinking about rolling over. Idgy (his 2 year old big brother) loves him, and Snuggles watches every moves he makes. It's been hard on Idgy after having Dyl Pickle, Jo-Jo, and Diva all summer to just having me and the baby. We aren't near as much fun, apparently.

Speaking of The Pickle, he's doing rather well in first grade. We just finished a round of the flu in this house. Poor Pickle just couldn't seem to get better, but he did recover. He's been reading alot, and I'm liking that very much. Halloween will be spent with Jo-Jo, Diva, Idgy and cousins going around trick or treating. It will be hilarious watching Idgy knock on doors for the first time. Pictures to come later.
Grandma Hunnybunny and Great Aunt Hunnybunny may be making their way north for Thanksgiving. So that means I got make with the bird this year. No worries: Diva's mama gave me her Martha Stewart turkey recipe from last year! It literally melted in our mouths.
I'm still working on the "Lucy in the Sky" quilt for the Legal Adult. What you see to your left are the piano key borders I'm making out of the scraps. I was going to slap some border on it and call it done. But, too much left over fabric made me feel guilty, so I decided to piece one.
Still have so much to do on this. One block at a time.
Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. I got accepted into school this week in the Allied Health division! I can't declare the whole Nursing major until I complete my CNA and retake the ACT. My scores in math, back in the day, were pretty bad. I'm hoping the almost 30 years that have passed since I took it will play in my favor this time. However, I am getting a study guide and a math tutor!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you all are well now. Congratulations on being accepted into college again!!! All the ol' infirmary crew would be pleased. I know you'll do well.
Take care.

Karen

Debra Dixon said...

Good Luck on those tests. Can't say that I envy you!

Gari in AL said...

Good luck on the ACT. My 40 year old daughter is graduating with her LPN in Dec and then begins working on her RN. Keep us informed.

Leah said...

congrats on getting accepted. ick, the act - good luck!!

i like the fabric in this photo - the one that is sewn to the neutral-looking fabric. it has so much color and energy with the swirls. the orange thing kind of looks like a lobster claw from here, actually.

as for my picture, i was the one taking the photo, thats why i'm not in it!!! :)

Deborah M. said...

Good for you! Congratulations!