Friday, November 13, 2009

Movie Review: UP

Yeah, to say I'm just a little behind on reviewing this movie would be an understatement. We actually saw this in the theater this past summer. It was so good that we bought it.

The beginning was precious, two childhood friends grow up and end up married. They have a dream that they have crossed their hearts to do one day. But, as we all know, life gets in the way of dreams. Sometimes, you have to pinch hit with new dreams until you realize that your dreams have changed. Waxing philosophical, right? Nothing gets past me, boy...

Anyway, what I loved about it was that the old guy intends to keep his promise, no matter the cost. And to make it more endearing, you have this dog, Dug. Dug apparently has a dream, too. He dreams of being loved. Dug actually talks in the movie with the help of a collar. He talks like I would expect Fiona to talk if she could. Stuff like, "I just met you and I love you!" She seems to be saying that to everyone that bravely walks through our doors.
So, bottom line: if you have kids, rent it. They will love it. You will, too.

1 comment:

Quilter In Paradise said...

LOVED that movie! my husband and I go around going "SQUIRREL!!"
and "can we keep him - he's a TALKING dog!"
LOL
Beth in Dallas