Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Rules for socks
I don't claim to be an expert on men, but let me tell you about a recent phenomenon I found....there are rules regarding the wearing of socks. Since Hunnybunny and I married in 2002, these rules have dominated and I was totally unaware of them. Finally, I asked him to break the silence so we can all be educated.
Top Ten Rules for Wearing Men's Socks
1. Socks can match either the shirt or pants.
2. Hunnybunny prefers that they match the pants because they blend in better.
3. You wear causal or dress socks with casual or dress shoes.
4. Never with sneakers.
5. Don't wear athletic socks with casual shoes. (running socks with oxfords)
6. Never wear dress socks with sneakers.
7. If you wear black shoes, then you wear black socks.
8. And if you wear white sneakers, then you need white socks.
9. You can wear patterned dress socks with solid dress suit.
10. And the cardinal rule is: Don't wear tube socks with shorts.
Also here's a link to some style rule commandments.