Sunday, May 13, 2007
Tagged with a Meme
Well, Ms. Debra tagged me last week. I'm just now getting around to her meme.
Even more than you wanted to know about me:
1. I am such a creature of habit. Got to have my cup of Joe every morning, or it's a bad morning, if you know what I mean. Fortunately, I married a coffee addict as well. And hey, Starbucks is within walking distance! You can't beat that.
2. I used to be a "disc jockey" back in the '80's. It was a top 40 station at the time with a living legend, and doing overnights in front of him.Fairly intimidating. But he's been around forever. Jocks are now called "AP"'s (On Air Personality). Disc jockey then meant you cued up your own records, did your own commercials, and filled out your logs. I'm not sure if they even use logs anymore. Hunnybunny was a jock, too. He worked for was a Christian stations.
This is the job I still dream about at night. If it's been a long day, I have dreamed of picking out records, doing commercials, and actually talking on the air. I guess I still miss it, but I'm a little old to go back. Once you've been in radio, it's like a disease...it's in your blood and it never goes away.
3. I have this thing about the ocean. I want to live there someday. Don't know if I'll get to. What's funny is that the boys don't really care for it much.
4. This is the first time I've ever been "unemployed"...since I was 15! That is, going to a formal job, not keeping children like I do now. I really like it. But it took a lot of getting used to. The little boy I keep, (The Amazing Jo-Jo) will be off to preschool with the Dyl Pickle this fall. His newborn brother, Idgy, will be coming in June. So, three days a week I'll have one, and two days a week I'll have 3!
5. It's killing me watching the Rock Star get more mature. His voice is changing, he's getting a mustache, and truthfully, he really doesn't NEED me. He just chooses me, and that's pretty cool.
6. The Legal Adult has really come full circle. I'm so proud of him. I was proud of him, anyway, but he didn't believe it. He turns 22 on Monday, and I'm feeling a little nostalgic about my baby. I was just a kid when I had him, (21 about to be 22)and now he's half my age.
Anyway, that's all I can think of.