Monday, January 14, 2008
Yet another New Year's
Okay, so I'm a little late with the New Year's subject. Everyone else has most likely posted their resolutions. And I'll most likely get to that. But I thought it prudent to go back over 2007 and find the good, and the bad
It's easy to start with the good:
1. Actually finished two quilt tops for charity.
2. Finished a quilt top for The Quilt of Valor Foundation.
3. Bought a Singer 201 at Goodwill for $9.75!
4. Bought a Singer 15-91 at the same Goodwill a week later for $25.75.
5. Bought a Singer 99K on eBay for $30.
6. The Rock Star got his Tenderfoot in Boy Scouts.
7. The Dyl Pickle turned 4 as Spiderman.
8. The Hunnybunny family came to visit from North Florida.
9. I have walked 106 miles since last May.
10. The Diva, Geronimo, She-who-must-be-obeyed, and Idgy joined my inhome daycare crew this year.
11. We visited our old stompin' grounds,Chattanooga, Tennessee.
12. And we celebrated our fifth aniversary.
13. I did teach someone to quilt this summer.
1. The Legal Adult moved away, moved closer to his dad, then moved back to Kentucky.
2. Got a nasty heel spur which curtailed my workouts at the gym.
3. My husband's '93 Honda blew up, but I did get a new 2007 Kia Optima.
4. Laurel Burch passed away.
5. I accidently deleted my old blog.
6. Played a year long game of "Come here, no, go away" with the Legal Adult. He's back in Kentucky and apparently I'm at the top of his "Do Not Call" list. Hey, join the club. We've got T-shirts.
7. Inadequately dealt with middle school drama from the Rock Star.
And I think that's all ....now I feel cleansed having dumped the year on all of you. Thanks for your patience!